The Boston City Council passed our Gas Leak Ordinance on Wednesday December 14 by a vote of 12 to 1. (The holdout: Frank Baker.)
Thank you for supporting this multi-year, multi-organization campaign. Let’s celebrate — and call our city councilors to thank them. 617-635-3040 is the City Council number.
You can see a summary of the ordinance here. It will:
- Speed up gas leak repairs.
- Improve coordination between the City and National Grid.
- Require National Grid to give the City more info about leaks and pipes.
- Make sure leaks are repaired and pipes replaced correctly.
- Increase safety for gas workers and the public.
- Require contractors to follow the Boston Resident Jobs Policy.
You must log in to post a comment.