Calling all supporters of CCE! We need you to show up on August 20th at 2pm, when the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (DPU) hears public testimony about Boston’s CCE plan. DPU approval is the last regulatory step before Boston can go ahead and implement CCE, so the hearing is a critical turning point.
Many of you have already helped CCE reach this point. You’ve made phone calls, buttonholed the Mayor at City events, testified before the City Council, and given out information at gatherings in Boston neighborhoods. But if you are new to the cause, you’re not too late. We need as many Boston residents as possible to tell the DPU that we need CCE and want it to start soon.
The hearing takes place at the Department of Public Utilities. Show up by 1:45p outside South Station. There will be a group of BCAN’ers there, and we will go in together. Bring photo ID, as you may need it to get into the building.
There are lots of reasons why CCE is important for Boston. Here are a few of the key reasons:
- A way to help fight climate change
- A way to help meet both Boston’s and Massachusetts’ greenhouse gas reduction goals
- More green energy for Boston residents at affordable prices
- More stable electric rates
- A trustworthy alternative to predatory for-profit energy suppliers
- More renewable infrastructure and more green jobs in Massachusetts
- Less pollution from local power plants, and lower rates of asthma